cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online actos online 45mg get buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription rizact get 5mg cheap diabecon can i get how online 60caps advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy Re:Fireworks are NOT Allowed in Daybreak. - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 421 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2515572
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Fireworks are NOT Allowed in Daybreak. (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Fireworks are NOT Allowed in Daybreak.
Shycheerleader (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Fireworks are NOT Allowed in Daybreak. 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 1  

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Jetfire (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Fireworks are NOT Allowed in Daybreak. 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 7  
They're banned in Daybreak, but that doesn't mean there's any enforcement. the HOA has pretty much said as much.

This was a tragic event to be sure, but preventable. According to fox 13 news, the fireworks were illegal, despite the recent changes to the state laws. If that's true, then I hope the adults responsible for this were cited. I support providing charity to the children, but not to the parents who should be responsible enough to not do this.

Unless you want this sort of thing to happen year after year, and possibly to your own house due to the negligence of your neighbor, I suggest you contact the city and get them to enact their own ban.

Shycheerleader (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Fireworks are NOT Allowed in Daybreak. 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 1  
Jetfire, I totally agree. It IS a tragedy and one that was easily preventable. Thank you for your words!
http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-fire-illegal-fireworks-display-sets-home-ablaze-20110703,0,4930100.story

The thing that bothers me is that we live in a community where people follow the rules they CHOOSE to abide by. If someone thinks a rule or covenant is dumb, they act like it doesn't exist.

Enforcing the Daybreak Covenant of "no fireworks" in such a large community cannot be done by the HOA alone. We need to be vigilant in protecting our own property and lives as well as our neighbors. Unfortunately, because it's not a South Jordan City ban, they cannot do anything to stop "legal" fireworks because it's not against the City rules.

If you see something, REPORT it!

In addition, keep in mind what you read on THIS website, whether posted by the owner or someone else, is not necessarily true.

Daybreakdaily had posted on the front page yesterday: "As you celebrate the 4th of July this weekend spending time with friends and family having BBQ's, block parties, and enjoying fireworks (yes in Daybreak!). Please take a few minutes to remember those who gave their lives serving our country to give us the freedoms we all are enjoying and celebrating this weekend."

Today, it was changed to "(legal fireworks)!

Fireworks of ANY kind are not allowed in Daybreak. The main reason is the open space with dry grass this time of year and homes in close proximity of each other. You can take your fireworks to any other location to enjoy with family and friends.

Everyone who purchased a home had to agree to the covenants before the purchase was complete. Whether you read them or not, the rule stands and will be enforced.

I enjoy fireworks as much as the next guy but choose to abide by the rules and enjoy them outside of our community. It is a great time of year to celebrate our heritage and birth of our wonderful nation. Please, do it safely!!

ThojeCasal (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Fireworks are NOT Allowed in Daybreak. 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 1  
Correction, The next Open Council Board of Directors Meeting is Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 6:00 p.m. in the Glass House. The HOA Open Board Meeting is August 24 at 7:00 p.m. in the DCC. The August 24 meeting is where we want to bring up fireworks concerns. Watch for the eBlast that will give details.

Those concerned about the lack of fireworks enforcement should attend and express their concern. Bring enforcement suggestions with you if you have any. Given the time of day of violations and the size of our community it will need to be a community effort.

Last Edit: 2011/07/06 18:41 By ThojeCasal.
timhood (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Fireworks are NOT Allowed in Daybreak. 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0  
Any firework, even legal fireworks can cause a fire. Prior to this fire, there was already discussion of having a patrol because of problems in past years with scofflaws. Why anyone would risk a $100 fine and potential fire when they could easily just drive over to Herriman High and share their display is beyond me.

I just noticed that Joe Ross (owner of this site) has done everyone a great favor in posting the CC&Rs for Daybreak on this site. Click on Daybreak CC&R's in the Main Menu list on the left. Then click on Dabyreak cc&rs.pdf. Go to Exhibit C, 2h:

2. Restricted Activities. Unless expressly authorized by, and then subject to such conditions as may be imposed by, the Board, the following activities are prohibited within Daybreak Village:

(h) use and discharge of firecrackers and other fireworks, except that the Association may sponsor or otherwise permit structured and supervised fireworks displays from time to time;

Here's a quick shortcut: http://daybreakdaily.com/attachments/108_Daybreak%20cc&rs.pdf

Last Edit: 2011/07/04 21:09 By timhood. Reason: Added CC&R reference
Sarah Silverman (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Fireworks are NOT Allowed in Daybreak. 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 4  
I don't even know what to say?!?!?! Community activist Joe Ross thinks that "legal" fireworks are okay and then suggests others should engage in activities that the HOA have restricted?
Way to go Joe. You never cease to amaze me in the stupid things you suggest people should do. I guess since it wasn't your house that burned down it's no big deal.
THEN... THEN... you take up the cause for this idiotic family. Renters without insurance that risked others lives, life belongings and property not to mention sending two other people to the hospital.
I'm speechless. They should be raising this jerks bail from the Metro jail instead of giving a clearly irresponsible couple charity... and as you suggest CASH!?!?!? REALLY!?!?!?! SERIOUS!?!?!?!?!?! Think about it you jack rabbits. You are all being taken.
I don't write in here much because no one really reads this crappy site but I couldn't resist. Stupidity knows no bounds. I hope beyond all hope that the idiot that caused this reads this post if for no other reason to understand that at least one person in his community is not ready to help but rather hopes he can't find another rental in our city to burn down and finds his exit from our area quickly. That being said I have now decided to help the family... MOVE OUT!

Last Edit: 2011/07/05 03:57 By Sarah Silverman.
Go to top Post Reply