buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy rizact get 5mg cheap i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir diabecon can i get how online 60caps to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can actos online 45mg get advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkwy. - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 363 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2510354
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkwy. (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkwy.
jarmcguire (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkwy. 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 4  
GirlInterrupted wrote:
QUOTE:
OR you can go to the HOA web site and find a list of homes in the entire community, not just Founders, that have infractions/fines.

Where on the HOA web site can you find a list of homes with infractions / fines? I'm just curious because I have never noticed that feature.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
littleash (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkwy. 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 2  
I believe that feature is only listed under your account summary - I don't think you can look up your neighbor's fines.

I am curious what the location is of the ghetto/ decaying area that is being referenced. I have always found Founders to be enjoyable and pretty, so I am not sure where we are talking about. Roads or intersections please?

GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkwy. 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 12  
I often drive through West Valley City and wonder why people say it's such an awful place to live. Then I think a bit and realize I'm not seeing the big picture in the community, only a snapshot of a few nice homes. It's so easy to be blind to issues that don't directly impact your personal life.

As for wanting to see the bad areas of Daybreak, I'll send you on a mini tour, but since you don't look at the mess day after day after day, it won't mean a thing to you since it's not your home/life.

Start at the corner of Lumina and Bluerock. The Rainey home that sits on a bare lot with weeds and dead trees. The house is on it's third owner in three years and it's still an eyesore. What happened to 6 months to finish landscape.

Stroll down to the second and third block of Bluerock, don't drive by with a cell phone to your ear, walk to appreciate the area as the neighbors do. Enjoy the landscapes that haven't been cared for in 4 years. You won't see the trash left behind,the old furniture, dead cars, as we have to take care of getting that out of the neighborhood, the HOA doesn't. In the 3rd block you will no longer see the taco stand trailer stored in our neighbors side yard. It stayed there after daily complaints for a year until eviction. You won't see the guy who wanders the alley in his underwear, talking to people who aren't there, he was evicted too.

If you go this week, the block will be fairly clean of junk and weirdos, not because of actions by Kennecott or the HOA.

As you leave Bluerock, turn east on Firmont. On your left in the green court, you will come to the house where the bulldogs bit a neighbor and then bit the responding police officer. It's always been a real attractive place. We could count on them to liven the area with a police call.

But at the end of the day, it obviously doesn't matter what the folks outside of the impact area think, you don't live it everyday, and apparently few care about enough to take action. When I get back to the office, I'll be happy to supply addresses in the rest of the village.

lauramoncur (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Female Pick Me! Location: South Jordan, Utah Birthdate: 1969-04-12
Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkwy. 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: -1  
I took the walk you described. Here is a map of where I walked, just in case I got it wrong:

Walk in Founder's Park

I noticed three houses that I thought weren't up to the HOA standards, including the one you mentioned on the corner of Lumina and Bluerock.

What I also noticed, however, is that for every house that isn't PERFECT, there were at least FIVE homes that were absolutely lovely. I think it is very disrespectful to the owners of the majority of the homes in that area to call it a ghetto or slum.

Ironically, Mike and I considered that house on the corner of Lumina and Bluerock before we chose our current place (it used to have a sign, but doesn't now). We decided against it because the house was too big for us. The lack of landscaping barely came into our decision to pass it by. In fact, the idea of being able to choose the landscaping ourselves was appealing to me.

Not once did a panhandler ask me for money, which is something that I couldn't escape when I took a walk in my neighborhood in Sugarhouse.

If that's the ghetto, then call me ghetto-fabulous, 'cause I luv it, baby!

buffalogal (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkwy. 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 2  
What really offends me is labeling our neighborhood a ghetto. It's actually laughable. As for weirdo neighbors and vicious dogs, I believe that is a job for SJPD not the HOA. I am very sorry that you have been surrounded by neighbors that haven't been "neighborly" but please refrain from painting Founders Village with such a broad brush.

GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkwy. 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 12  
buffalogal wrote:
QUOTE:
What really offends me is labeling our neighborhood a ghetto. It's actually laughable. As for weirdo neighbors and vicious dogs, I believe that is a job for SJPD not the HOA. I am very sorry that you have been surrounded by neighbors that haven't been "neighborly" but please refrain from painting Founders Village with such a broad brush.

Thanks Buffalo, I feel appropriately chastised and put in my place. You may be surprised, but I doubt it (as you have already assumed so much about me} that many of your Founders neighbors coined the term "trailer park" and "ghetto" without my input.

I'm so very sorry you are offended. I'm offended daily, but obviously that isn't important.

Last Edit: 2009/07/31 02:53 By GirlInterrupted.
Go to top Post Reply