can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase diabecon can i get how online 60caps buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to actos online 45mg get to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy rizact get 5mg cheap cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkw - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 316 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2493361
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkwy. (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkwy.
GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkwy. 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 12  
lauramoncur wrote:
QUOTE:
I took the walk you described. Here is a map of where I walked, just in case I got it wrong:

Walk in Founder's Park

I noticed three houses that I thought weren't up to the HOA standards, including the one you mentioned on the corner of Lumina and Bluerock.

What I also noticed, however, is that for every house that isn't PERFECT, there were at least FIVE homes that were absolutely lovely. I think it is very disrespectful to the owners of the majority of the homes in that area to call it a ghetto or slum.

Ironically, Mike and I considered that house on the corner of Lumina and Bluerock before we chose our current place (it used to have a sign, but doesn't now). We decided against it because the house was too big for us. The lack of landscaping barely came into our decision to pass it by. In fact, the idea of being able to choose the landscaping ourselves was appealing to me.

Not once did a panhandler ask me for money, which is something that I couldn't escape when I took a walk in my neighborhood in Sugarhouse.

If that's the ghetto, then call me ghetto-fabulous, 'cause I luv it, baby!

Thanks Laura, had I known it just took a quick walk through to get the stamp of approval for our area, I would have called you 3 years ago.

First thing Monday morning, I'm going to the HOA and demand they stop wasting their time on the 9 homes that are in chronic fine status. Then I'm going to call that totally unprofessional appraiser that came to our home several months ago and tell him he was wrong about the cost impact those homes have on the nice ones surrounding them. Had we known you were coming for a visit, we would have made an appointment for the panhandler to meet you on his favorite corner, although he prefers to knock on doors witout an appointment.

I'm so please you are ghetto-fabulous while you sit up in the areas that still have enforcement from the HOA. Make sure you stop by to visit now and again so your fabulous status doesn't slip.

Next time you visit, ask the people that live around the house on Bluerock and Lumina what they think. I'm sure "fabulous" doesn't come into the conversation.

I'd also suggest attending the community BOD meetings, become involved, and hear problems and solutions from residents, rather than producing assumptive articles with links to one of your many blogs.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2009/07/31 02:58 By GirlInterrupted.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
littleash (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkwy. 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 2  
Wow, I could have sworn scoop asked that this thread stay friendly.

thaddow (Visitor)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkwy. 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 1  
No kidding, take it off this public forum and go argue in your back yards.

JustMe (User)
Gold Boarder
graph
Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkwy. 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 14  
While I have my own opinions of our HOA, and what is going on in different areas of the neighborhood, I do think this is one topic we're all going to have to agree to disagree. Girl, you have done so much for the neighborhood and I think if many knew who you were on here, there would probably be a greater understanding but unfortunately I think it takes more time living here for some to understand your position. Even I don't fully understand it all since I'm in a different part and haven't seen many of the issues that have occurred. Either way, I think it will take time for each resident to develop their own point of view and all will have to accept the views for what they are... personal opinions.

That being said, if someone truly feels that these boards would bring our property value down, then that saddens me. We have had many positive discussions on here and despite having been personally attacked on the HOA board when it existed along with several others, I still think a community voice is an important aspect to have. All communities have drawbacks, it just so happens that we have people willing to speak up and work together to fix the negatives. I would hope that any prospective resident would take that into consideration. I certainly did when I moved here.

buffalogal (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkwy. 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 2  
Excuse me for asking a dumb question, but has anyone ever contacted SJ Code Compliance? HOAs are pretty impotent legally, but the city has actual power (like jail time):

This is taken from the SJ City govt page:

Code Compliance - Steps to come into Code Compliance
Occasionally, after being notified of an area out of compliance, it may be difficult for a resident to come into compliance within a reasonable amount of time. The current protocol for Code Compliance Officers is a 3 step process.

1. Voluntary Compliance Request
The "Voluntary Compliance Request" is a door hanger. This form lists the majority of compliance issues that our officers deal with. The appropriate box is checked to advise the resident of the compliance issue. The property owner is then given 7 days to resolve the issue and bring the property back into compliance. If the violation still exists after the 7 days, a "Warning Notice" is then prepared.
2. Warning Notice
The "Warning Notice" is similar to the "Voluntary Compliance Request" except that it provides additional information about penalties that can be incurred for non-compliance. The notice gives the property owner an additional 7 days to bring the property into compliance. The notice also encourages the property owner to contact Code Compliance if additional time is needed. Failure to be in compliance after the 7th day, results in a misdemeanor citation being issued.

3. Misdemeanor Citation
After the issuance of the citation, all compliance matters now reside with the South Jordan Justice Court. All Code citations are mandatory appearances before the judge. All code violations are class B misdemeanors. The maximum fine is $1850 per violation per day or up to 6 months in the county jail per violation per day, or both.

Shycheerleader (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Resident with signs on Topview and Daybreak Pkw 14 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 1  
buffalogal wrote:
[quote]Excuse me for asking a dumb question, but has anyone ever contacted SJ Code Compliance? HOAs are pretty impotent legally, but the city has actual power (like jail time):

I have submitted multiple complaints with the HOA as well as with South Jordan City to no avail.

I drive by the Lumina/Bluerock home every day and feel badly for the people who have to live by it. The HOA doesn't do anything except to say, "They're working with the homeowner". As for the City, their response?

"Code Officers have been trying to contact the property owner for two years now. The owner lives in Nevada and has not responded to any letters. A final follow-up is scheduled for the week of May 11, 2009. If no progress is made by that time, the case will be turned over to our legal department for screening and prosecution. Please call me directly if you have further quetions. Thank you, Mindy Madden Code Compliance Lead."

So, three and a half years later, that's their response. It's truly sad.

Personally, I'm happy with Daybreak as a whole. Yes, I get on a little moan and groan kick every now and then but overall, I'm happy. We love our little piece of Founder's Village and love the people we have met. We are fortunate to have wonderful neighbors all around us and enjoy all that Daybreak has to offer.

I'm pretty sure I know "GirlInterrupted" personally and if she's who I think she is, I think I know where she is coming from. She has sacrificed her time to provide upkeep for her neighbor's homes because they can't or won't do it themselves. She has given up countless hours of her time volunteering in the Community to make Daybreak a better place only to have someone else take the credit. She attends every BOD meeting and has met with the HOA, and Kennecott, to actually get her concerns addressed instead of just complaining about them. She is an intellectual person who truly wants the best for EVERYONE here in Daybreak.

We all moved to Daybreak with some understanding that certain standards would be met. Not only have they NOT been met but it seems that there is no management. Only bureaucracy and money being spent without any thought.

I think "Girl" is truly frustrated and probably feels a little beat up for standing up for what she was promised.

If you'd like to make a complaint with the City, they have a cool form on their website called "The Fix It Forum". You can report something as small as a burned out street light to something major like junker cars.

http://www.sjc.utah.gov/betterplaceframe.asp

Or, go to sjc.utah.gov, click on "Live" and scroll down to "Online Services". The Fix It Forum is on the left.

Go to top Post Reply