buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over actos online 45mg get over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase diabecon can i get how online 60caps cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy rizact get 5mg cheap Re:Lake Police are out of line! - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 505 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2517069
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Re:Lake Police are out of line! (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Lake Police are out of line!
deepdoodoo (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Lake Police are out of line! 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 4  
From today's e-mail blast, it looks like the HOA is trying to close the lake after dusk:

Oquirrh Lake Reminder:

Please remember, the lake and surrounding trails are open from dawn to dusk.

I don't "remember" ever reading or being told this was the case. In their defense, could this be an attempt at avoiding vandalism by giving the guards authority to run anybody out after dark???

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
FlyingAce (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Lake Police are out of line! 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 8  
My kids and I were chased away from the lakeside park last week. It was late afternoon and we were told, in no uncertain terms, that we had to leave immediately. The security guard was going from person to person along the entire length of the lake ejecting everyone he encountered.

I notice that there is a one-liner in CCMC's email blast this afternoon that says "Please remember, the lake and surrounding trails are open from dawn to dusk." That's certainly news to me. Is that the case for the other trails and parks in Daybreak? I wonder if anyone at CCMC realizes what dawn to dusk really means in practical terms this time of year. Ugh.

Robert (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Lake Police are out of line! 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 2  
There are NO signs indicating that the walking paths are closed at any time! Again, I will walk there any time I want and they can do whatever they want including calling the police. Anyone want to do a "walkin" at the lake the next evening it's not snowing? I'll be there.

hilgi (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Lake Police are out of line! 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 4  
Sounds like it's time for good ol' gorilla activism!

If we could get 50-100 people, especially with babies in strollers walking the trails at dusk, we may be able to get some media. That would put a stop to this mess fast.

thaddow (Visitor)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Lake Police are out of line! 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 1  
I'm all for a walk in, or anything else we can do to get a group of people, moms, dads, kids, and families walking the trails at dusk and beyond. Maybe we can organize something with the help of this site and the people that are posting here. The previous poster is right, if we get enough people involved, I'm sure the media would love to be involved. We are getting great response to this thread. We need to keep it going and use the power of the people to fix this mess.

GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Lake Police are out of line! 14 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 12  
I'm not one to support the actions of Kennecott Land because they are rarely well thought out or executed in a reasonable manner.

There are things to consider before making demands regarding the lake. The lake is the exclusive private property of Kennecott Land. They pay the rather large bills that allows our access to the lake. We are guests of Kennecott when using any portion of the lake (beaches, playgrounds, parks, paths). KL and their appointed security have every right to call the police and take action against those trespassing on private property.

As for media, I know of 6 different issues where homeowners or groups of homeowners had very serious issues with Kennecott Land, some life threatening, and the media ignored the issue. In this economy it is bad business to make trouble for any viable advertiser, especially one as large as Kennecott. Once any media type calls KL and finds the lake is private, no story.

Just as they chose to close the beaches, if the trail problem becomes too visible or is just too much to administer, an extremely credible case could be made to shut down the paths too. Remember, we (the homeowners) demanded Kennecott take control of the lake and the problems surrounding it. They are doing just that. Until KL gates Daybreak or residents start wearing very visible identification, the rules have to be generic and apply to residents and non-residents.

If you can't make it to the lake in the dawn to dusk hours, it may be time to plot a new route on trails that belong to the HOA. If I remember correctly, Kennecott says homeowners have voted our trail system one of the top amenities. Whether that's true or just more marketing hype, I don't know. But they can say it, they own the place.

Last Edit: 2009/10/27 16:18 By GirlInterrupted.
Go to top Post Reply