can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription diabecon can i get how online 60caps can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to rizact get 5mg cheap buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir actos online 45mg get Re:10\'X20\' Garden Plots at Peterson Family Farms - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 553 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2517092
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
10'X20' Garden Plots at Peterson Family Farms (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: 10'X20' Garden Plots at Peterson Family Farms
wheelman (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
10'X20' Garden Plots at Peterson Family Farms 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0  
Hello everyone,

I have been working with Peterson Family Farm located at 11800 South and 4000 West on renting garden plots. We have been going back forth for the last couple months and he has deiced to try offering garden plots on a trial basis this year. There are a total of 4 plots left available. I am excited about this and am looking forward to having a larger area to have a garden.

So, I know you are thinking why do this when we have a community garden?????

I have a plot at the community garden but it is so small that I wanted something much larger. It will be nice to grow items that are too large for the small plots at the community garden. The other problem with the community garden is watering. Last year one of my hoses cracked so someone turned off the water. This is all good and fine but my plants were dead before I knew there was a problem. The plots at Peterson Family Farm will be irrigated when he waters his other crops. At the end of the year we just need to clean up any non organic items and the rest will be ploughed back into the ground.

This being done on trial basis this year, as long as we keep our areas weeded and we treat each others areas with respect, this should go great. Peterson Family Farms has asked me to answer questions and collect fees for the plots this year. Please contact me with any questions or to pay for your lots. My phone number is (Jason) 801-910-1580. Once I receive your payment you can choose your plot assignment.

Below is a message from the Peterson Family Farm:
Petersen Family Farm announces a "Garden Plot Pilot Program"

We have received some interest from our customers about leasing garden space on our farm. I am interested in testing out this idea for a year to see how it fits into my management plan for the farm. I am offering 12 plots on a trial basis this year. Plots will be leased on a first-come first-serve basis. This is a pilot and so I expect that you will allow some room for error and learning. I expect there will be a learning curve and some mistakes will be made and lessons will be learned.

For $75/Year (this is about $.37/sq foot whereas you are paying about $.50 at Daybreak) here is what you will get:
1. 1 pre-tilled plot 10 ft X 20 ft
2. Plot rent will begin around May 1st and go through Oct. 31st.
3. The plots will be fertilized at about 80 lbs N and 60lbs P/acre (this is about 2/3 of what corn requires)
4. Irrigation (I will irrigate about once a week whenever I irrigate my crops) This alone is probably worth the $75. In my experience, one of the biggest reasons most people's gardens are not successful is because they are not consistent with irrigation with all the vacations etc during the summer.
Here are the terms:
1. The plots will be located at the North end of my field at the SE corner of 11800 South and 4000 West. You will park in the park strip along 11800 South and enter through the gate I put at the East end of the white vinyl fence.
2. I will be marking off the plots with furrows at my standard 30 inch spacing and this spacing is not to be tampered with in the plots so that water will flow between plots.
3. No one is allowed in the field after irrigation until the soil surface is dry.
4. Weeds must be responsibly managed. Whoever has the nicest looking plot through the season gets a coupon for $20 at the farm. If weeds become a problem (greatly outnumbering plants, going to seed, etc.) on any plot I will have my workers weed the plot and will charge the renter $15/hr. If farm employees have to spend more than 2 hours in any plot during the year the lessee will forfeit their plot.
5. I am not responsible for any crop failure in the plots. If my regular irrigation is not enough for the crops you choose to plant then you will have to find another method of irrigation between my irrigation intervals. (my irrigation interval should be plenty for any crop)
6. Absolutely no pets are allowed on the property. Children must be supervised at all times and no one is allowed outside the plot area into my regular cropping area.

Please note: Some crops may become problematic for you and your neighboring plot renters. Please take the following into consideration when planning your plot.

1. Sweet corn: Sweet corn pollen can travel hundreds of yards on the wind. For most crops, cross-pollination is not a problem because we do not eat the seed of the plant. However, that is the part we love in sweet corn. If you plant a different variety than your neighbor then there is a good possibility that they will cross-pollinate. This will greatly diminish the quality of your corn. Also, sweet corn must be planted in fairly large blocks of at least 4 rows to adequately pollinate. If you want to plant sweet corn I would suggest that you contact me and I will sell you a little of my seed. If everyone plants the same variety then there won't be problems.

2. Cucurbits (ie cucumbers, melons, pumpkins, squash): These plants require a large area to grow. Please be courteous of where you plant these crops so they don't take over your neighbors plot.

Please contact me with any questions. Checks should be made payable to "Peterson Family Farm". Cash will be accepted but checks are preferred.
Jason 801-910-1580

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:10'X20' Garden Plots at Peterson Family Farms 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 12  
Cool idea Wheelman and Peterson Farms.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top Post Reply