prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy diabecon can i get how online 60caps i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online actos online 45mg get rizact get 5mg cheap over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir Re:Halloween debate-Trick or Treat - Oct 30th or 31st - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 247 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2509349
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Halloween debate-Trick or Treat - Oct 30th or 31st (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Halloween debate-Trick or Treat - Oct 30th or 31st
me2wired (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Halloween debate-Trick or Treat - Oct 30th or 31st 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0  
Can I just say that one of the reasons I love Daybreak is for Halloween. Random thread maybe, but I'm reading on some comments boards on various newspapers about "trunk or treats", which I have done having lived in TX and IL, and that we have a traditional neighborhood Halloween I love. With the kids going around door-to-door, seeing your neighbors along the way, the excitement level.

I know Daybreak has it's fault but this is a big plus for me! I remember how much fun I had as a kid and I love the fact that I can give my kids that same fun.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  

Last Edit: 2010/10/22 15:53 By scoop.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
jtb42 (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:I love Halloween in Daybreak 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 1  
We love it too. Unfortunately, there has been a lot more childish mischief this year with broken/stolen pumpkins etc, than I've seen in years previous.

GirlInterrupted (User)
Gold Boarder
graphgraph
Re:I love Halloween in Daybreak 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 12  
I agree Me2, it's great to have neighborhoods that allow parents to take their kids out for the traditional trick or treat. It's just too much fun!

This year I'm a bit puzzled that people want to have the kids trick or treat on the 30th rather than the holiday. Never happened when I was a kid or when my children were young.

This is a first for us and we are lost on the rationale. At this point we are fairly decided that we will hand out candy on the holiday, not the day before.

JustMe (User)
Gold Boarder
graph
Re:I love Halloween in Daybreak 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 14  
I'm with you, Girl. Halloween is on the 31st, not the 30th so that's when we'll be handing out treats. I grew up outside of Utah and even after nearly 10 years of living here it still confuses me as to why holidays can't be celebrated on the day they fall on regardless of the day of week.
I do agree about the traditional neighborhood... I love how many neighbors even bring out the hot cocoa and homemade goodies too! You don't see that very often anymore!

sam (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Halloween debate-Trick or Treat - Oct 30th or 31st 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0  
First year I lived in Daybreak, it snowed on Halloween. I gave away candies to like 10 kids. I thought that was the norm. The next year, weather was good and I gave away all my candies without an hour and had to scramble around the house to find more.

It all depends on the weather, much more than the day the 31st. UT indeed is an interesting place (grew up in CA)

Last Edit: 2010/10/22 15:54 By scoop.
me2wired (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Halloween debate-Trick or Treat - Oct 30th or 31st 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0  
Having lived in the south I can tell you this isn't just a Utah issue. Regardless I actually prefer Saturday for trick or treat this year as with Sunday then there is school the next day. But that's just the parent in me speaking. I'll have candy for both days for all the kids.

Go to top Post Reply