duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir rizact get 5mg cheap can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to diabecon can i get how online 60caps over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy actos online 45mg get Re:Halloween debate-Trick or Treat - Oct 30th or 31st - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 418 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2493382
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Halloween debate-Trick or Treat - Oct 30th or 31st (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Halloween debate-Trick or Treat - Oct 30th or 31st
hilgi (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Halloween debate-Trick or Treat - Oct 30th or 31st 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 4  
I think this is a lot of uproar over a KIDS holiday, they don't care what day they go on. Look how many parties are tonight, so it does seem that Halloween can actually be celebrated on another day.

I guess I am go with the flow, if kids are out Sat or Sun, I don't mind, I am not going to mess with their day over politics or religion.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
hilgi (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Halloween debate-Trick or Treat - Oct 30th or 31st 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 4  
lemonjenny wrote
"And ultimately, it's going to make trick-or-treating kinda crappy for the kids this year. Bummer!"

The only thing that will make it crappy for kids is the level of pettiness displayed by the adults.

Last Edit: 2010/10/25 05:37 By hilgi.
littleash (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Halloween debate-Trick or Treat - Oct 30th or 31st 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 2  
Bravo, Hilgi! So true. My kids are excited to go. Period.

scoop (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Halloween debate-Trick or Treat - Oct 30th or 31st 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 22  
thanks for the note Mark...your are exactly right...I am totally shocked by the response I got by asking a simple question.

Gratteau (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Halloween debate-Trick or Treat - Oct 30th or 31st 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1  
AMARILLO, TEXAS -- When it comes to halloween, what day are you celebrating?

the Destinlog.com newspaper in Destin, Fla. had an article on this year's Halloween observance controversy clear back in September.
http://blogs.roanoke.com/ Should local governments change the date of Halloween?
Roanoke VA.
http://www.wbir.com/dontmiss/139120/207/When-are-you-celebrating-Halloween
Knoxville TN.

These are just a few articles that I was able to find on a simple Google search. Get over it if you think it is a LDS vs. Non-LDS debate. If you don't want to celebrate and and help the kids have a good time on Saturday night then simply turn off your outside lights. Stop winning about it. Its not that big of a deal.

lemonjenny (User)
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Halloween debate-Trick or Treat - Oct 30th or 31st 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0  
QUOTE:
hilgi wrote:
The only thing that will make it crappy for kids is the level of pettiness displayed by the adults.

I absolutely agree. However, I tend to agree that half of the people are being petty, and I'm guessing you think the OPPOSITE half are. The problem is, it's a polarizing question. Non-religious folks are going to want to celebrate on the holiday. Religious folks are going to want to celebrate a day early. Nothing will change that, and those who don't have two nights to hand out candy are going to have to choose a night.

I don't see pettiness in those who want to celebrate ON the holiday. I see difficulty introduced to a simple holiday by those who want to change it.

Perspective. Everyone has a different one.

No big deal. I'll turn on my porch light when I'm home and available to hand out candy. But it will be less cool for the kids this year because they won't have as many houses to go to on either given night.

Last Edit: 2010/10/25 16:38 By lemonjenny.
Go to top Post Reply