to how no 4mg cheapest detrol prescription buy buy non how to online cipro 750mg prescription albendazole to 400mg how cheapest over counter the purchase duetact online 17mg i no can get prescription rizact get 5mg cheap diabecon can i get how online 60caps over order anafranil i 10mg online the can counter cheapest actos online 45mg get cream how online 10gr to buy cheap acivir i online counter get 10mg aricept the can over can over cheap get 250mg the antabuse counter i prescription can online triamterene without i 75mg buy cheapest i 10mg plendil purchase prescription no can advair prescription purchase diskus 250mcg how no to can i non 960mg bactrim order prescription how online Re:Qwest Fiber Optic Upgrade - The Daybreak Daily
Home Forums

Main Menu

Login Form

Who's Online

We have 187 guests online

Statistics

Content View Hits : 2510383
The Daybreak Daily
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Qwest Fiber Optic Upgrade (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Qwest Fiber Optic Upgrade
Davix (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Qwest Fiber Optic Upgrade 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0  
The impending Qwest upgrade is scheduled for the end of September. I had some questions, which I have sent to Sue Leuchen of Qwest, but I will re-post them here in case anyone has the answers:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sue,

I was referred to you by Melanie in technical support as someone who could give details about the Daybreak upgrade scheduled for the end of this month.

My specific questions are:

1. My current service, though provisioned at 10 Mbps download speed, often achieves speeds of 30 Mbps. The upgrade is advertised as providing 12 Mbps. Will my speeds be capped to 12 Mbps now?

2. It seems curious to me that a technician will have to go to every home in Daybreak and spend 2-3 hours for such a small upgrade (from 10 to 12 Mbps).

3. I heard that a 100 Mbps option will be available. Can you provide the pricing info?

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Davix (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Qwest Fiber Optic Upgrade 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0  
My emails to Sue bounced. If anyone knows how to reach someone in Qwest with answers, I'd love to know who they are!

Davix (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Qwest Fiber Optic Upgrade 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0  
It's official. I got my fiber optic upgrade today, and it is between 30% and 300% slower than our prior service.

Download speeds are capped at 12 Mbps. Right before the upgrade I was getting 18 Mbps, and at times I got 30 Mbps.

Other changes:

1. Upload speeds are faster at 5 Mbps vs. 1 Mbps before (won't affect most people)

2. The new routers come with a qwest.net user name and password. This should enable Qwest to disconnect delinquent accounts, but it also means they can track your internet activity to your account directly (this was more difficult with the old setup).

Conclusion: For the regular user, this was a downgrade. I am told there are faster speeds available for an additional price.

Davix (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
But wait, there's more.

The new service blocks outbound SMTP traffic (port 25), so those of you who use a mail service that's not Qwest and not webmail are out of luck.

The service also makes my VPN connections flaky. They won't stay connected for more than 10 minutes.

lauramoncur (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Gender: Female Pick Me! Location: South Jordan, Utah Birthdate: 1969-04-12
Re:Qwest Fiber Optic Upgrade 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: -1  
OMG! Is it possible to avoid the upgrade. We have to go out of our way to get it by making a stupid appointment with them. What if I just don't make that appointment?

Davix (User)
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
If you don't upgrade, I believe there will come a time in a couple weeks that the old Internet service will stop working. This upgrade is therefore not optional.

After all this, I personally feel like the literature we received was misleading. This upgrade was all about being able to disconnect delinquent accounts, and had virtually nothing to do with providing better Internet service to residents.

Go to top Post Reply